Wednesday, July 17, 2013

DIY Shorts


A group of my friends and I are going to a Kesha concert next month and so I decided to save some money and take an old pair of my jean shorts and turn them into cute Kesha shorts for the concert



These are what the shorts looked like before. Just a simple pair of jean shorts. What I did was just measured up the shorts diagonally about 4" and cut the triangles out on each side.



The next step is that I measured about four holes an inch apart and marked them with a little dot (shown in the picture on the left). Then I took a sharp object (I used scissors and some kitchen items haha) but you can choose whatever works best for you, and poked into each hole (shown in the picture on the right).



The third step is to measure out equal sizes of lace and lace them into each side of your shorts into the holes just like you would with shoe laces.



Next, I cut out a piece of gold fabric to the same size as my back pocket and hot glue gunned it onto the outside of my back pocket (shown in the picture on the left). Then I did the same with a sheet of lace fabric and hot glue gunned it on top of the gold fabric (shown in the picture on the right).

~~In order to make gluing easier and less sticky, I only put glue on the edges of the gold fabric and then put the lace fabric on top.



I then sewed a blue flowery button with some thread (it can be any color) onto my right back pocket (shown in the picture on the left). The picture on the right shows what the complete back side of the shorts look like with the back pocket and the button sewn on.



I then sewed these two silver buttons onto the right front pocket of my jean shorts with some thread to ass a little "bling."



After I had done all my measuring, cutting, decorating, and sewing I went outside and spray painted part of the front and part of the back of my shorts with silver spray paint. I spray painted all of the metal parts on my pants so they look shiny and brand new. I then sprinkled some gold and silver glitter onto the front and back as well.

~~I used some glue but if you don't want to do that you can sparkle the glitter onto your shorts while the spray paint is still wet.



These are pictures of the completed shorts. The front is on the left and the back is on the right.



In these pictures I am wearing the shorts. I have the front side view on the left and the back side view on the right.

Well I hope everyone likes these shorts and has fun making them!
I will post pictures of my outfit on here after my concert next month.



Follow me on Instagram @chicapeek


No comments:

Post a Comment